Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Give up the Presidential Election for Lent

This is the best idea I have heard in 2008. We could all use a breather I think:

Megapolis, USA: Sara Bointon, a local college student at RBCU*, is going a step further than giving up chocolate for Lent this year. She declared that she plans to give up the presidential election.

“I don’t care that this is my first one as an adult,” she said. “I’ve been very interested in what’s going on, but I think that I need to take a break. Really, with Super Tuesday and Fat Tuesday coinciding, it’s like God himself is telling us to gorge on CNN Tuesday but then take a six week break. The way these people are going at it, you’d think that the salvation of the world hung on the latest endorsement or poll or something.”

Although, I may need to take peek on Wednesday morning just to see if the Judas Goat McCain is leading the delegate race. I'll probably abstain from my caucus this year because our delegates don't really count anyhow.

No comments: