Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guess Who? 2010-1-28



Rector at Norfolk basilica spots image of Virgin Mary in a water stain

Norfolk, Va. - An image of the Virgin Mary was discovered by Father Ernest Bulinda, the Rector at the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Norfolk.

At first glance it looks just like any water stain, but looking closely, many see a silhouette of the Virgin Mary.

Father Bulinda says he was walking past the baptismal font when something caught his eye. Unsure of what it was, he turned around and that's when he spotted the image.

Uncertain of what he saw, Father asked one of his parishoners:

"I told him what do you think about that? He came and looked, he said that's interesting and I said what do you think about that? It looks like the picture of the Virgin Mary,"




FOLLOW UP:
Haitian man says image of Virgin Mary in water stain found in Norfolk Basilica restored his faith

For some the silhouette is nothing more than something interesting to look at - for others, like Lameoique Laguerre, it's the ray of hope he has been searching for ever since the Haiti earthquake.

"I felt hopeless I felt sad, I felt pain, I can't sleep," Laguerre said.

His family lives in the section of the city where there's no power and Lameoique says the only way to find them is to go there and do it himself.

Reaching the lowest point he's ever been, he attended mass at the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Norfolk.

While he was there someone pointed out the image that Father Ernest Bulinda discovered inside the church's baptismal font.

Lameoique says he instantly felt a connection with the image.

"I felt different, I felt like, this cannot be! Because I've never seen anything like that in my life," he said.

I guess he has never seen THIS blog.

No comments: