Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guess Who? 2008-05-12

Behold! I stand at the door and... well... I just stand there.




Creve Coeur man sees Jesus in wooden door

CREVE COEUR -- Jeromy Douglas has always been a faithful church goer-well, in a way.

"I do go to church,” Douglas said. “Well, I used to go, and I did go back today, it did pump me up a little bit."

He said his religious revival came to him not long ago as an image on wooden bedroom door.

"I was just in shock, I couldn't believe Jesus was on my door," Douglas said.

That's right, Jesus.

Douglas said his door has an image of the Shroud of Turin in the wood.

His friend pointed out the pious projection while the two were sitting around.

Some have called him crazy, and some neighbors have even come by to see it for themselves.

"They think I am a little different now,” Douglas said laughing. “They look at me different, but they treat me the same."

And why wouldn't they?

This is not the first time this has happened.

Remember Jesus on a flapjack, The Virgin Mary grilled to perfection on a cheese sandwich or poultry that looked like the Pope.

Douglas said his door deity stands the test of time though.

"It's not going to go bad, it's not going to get old," he said "You don't have to put it in your freezer, and no one will eat it."

As you might imagine this item is up for grabs on eBay, though Douglas said he has not had too many hits.

He said even if no one bites, he is happy with his personal piece of history.

"It's worth quite a bit to me,” he said. “Jesus is worth it, so I can't tell you a selling price, but it is worth enough for me to keep it."

No comments: