A Filipino priest has been electrocuted by a defective karaoke microphone after finishing a swim during a beach party.
Earthtimes reports that the 32-year-old Catholic priest Fr Roberto del Rosario had just finished swimming in the sea on Monday and was dripping wet when he took the microphone of a karaoke machine in a resort in Morong town in Bataan province, 90 kilometres north-west of Manila.
The victim's companions said they saw him trembling as he held the microphone. He lost consciousness and was declared dead on arrival in a nearby hospital.
Investigators were still determining the liability of the resort owner for allowing guests to use an apparently defective machine.Karaoke singing is a favourite pastime among Filipinos.
Now accepting nominations for songs he might have been about to sing:
"Nothing Shocking" by Jane's Addiction
"I Know What Boys Like" by The Waitresses
"Shock the Monkey" by Peter Gabriel
"Shock Me" by Ace Frehley