Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Guess Who? 2009-08-23



Man Finds Virgin Mary Agate in Gravelpit

a Northland man claims Mother Mary has materialized in the distinct lines of a Lake Superior agate.

26-year old Jesse Bradshaw been searching for agates throughout Northern Minnesota for at least the last decade.

"These little chips of agates here, they're all clues to what lies beyond. You know the big ones are in here," said Bradshaw.

For this rockhound, the hunt is just as rewarding as the find.

"It's like when I'm out here picking agates nothing else matters. I don't worry about anything else in the world, so it brings me a lot of serenity and peace."

Out here in a gravel pit, you're bound to find an agate or two. But if you're lucky, every once in a while, you'll find a great one.

He's got thousands in his collection already, but there's only 1 getting his attention right now.

"It's not just an agate. There's a lot more to it, that's for sure."

Jesse claims to have found what he believes to be the image of the Virgin Mary on an agate.

"Right here you see a face and a shadow of her eye and a nose and a mouth and a hood around her head there."

It was an image he didn't notice for several months.

"I was kinda having a struggle and I woke up one morning and she was sitting on top of my other agates and staring me right in the face and I knew right away what it represented and I got so emotional;I just wanted to cry right away."

No comments: