Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guess Who? 2009-2-25



Local Man Finds Image of Virgin Mary on Rock

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 07:24 PM

A Pocatello man says although he is not very religious, he has found a rock of faith.

On a trip last year to Las Vegas, Sergio Romero traded an antique coin purse for a stone. As he polished it, he realized it wasn't just any stone; it had an image of the Virgin Mary on it.

Romero says the stone has blessed his life and his family in many ways. It's also helped him find his faith.

Sergio Romero: "It's very powerful when you hold it. I'm not a religious man. This has kind of turned me to looking into religion. As a matter of fact, I think I might even go to church this Sunday."

Romero says he has had the rock authenticated by a geologist at Idaho State and plans to put it up for auction within the next 30 days.
OK, now just WTF would the geologist have authenticated? That it is a rock? Duh. I could prove that. Just stand still whilst I bounce it off your cranium.

No comments: