Friday, May 16, 2008

Yeah, Good Luck with That

I'm sure the oil companies will really be feeling the pinch from this guy:





Wis. man won't buy gas for 31 days, maybe longer

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. — Brian LaFave could care less how high gasoline prices go these days.

He's parked his pickup truck and is buying no gas for a month and possibly longer.

It's his personal stand against the oil companies, he said.

"The goal is to not use one drop of gas for 31 days," he said.

That means LaFave, 31, of Sheboygan, is riding his bicycle or walking everywhere he goes.

He won't even let friends pick him up unless they were already going to be in the neighborhood.

"If they're not going out of their way, I can take the ride," he said. "But if they're going out of their way, then ... I'm still consuming gasoline so it kind of defeats the purpose."


You know, looking at the guy, I wouldn't want him riding in my car. He looks dirty. I guess this program works pretty well if you don't have a girlfriend and spend your weekends at home playing Xbox 360.

No comments: